OSHA #6000 - Collateral Duty Course for Other Federal Agencies
This course introduces federal agency collateral duty safety and health personnel to the OSH Act, Executive Order 12196, 29 CFR 1960 and 29 CFR 1910. The training enables participants to recognize basic safety and health hazards in the workplace and effectively assist agency safety and health officers with inspection and abatement efforts.
- Describe the OSHA Act, 29 CFR 1960, and 29 CFR 1910
- Describe major provisions of Executive Order 12196
- Identify selected safety and health hazards and corresponding OSHA standards
- Use the OSHA numbering system
- Describe abatement methods for selected safety and health hazards, such as hazardous materials
- Explain and apply workplace inspection procedures consistent with established OSHA policies, procedures, and directives
- Earn 2.3 CEU or 3.84 CM
- Hazard Communication
- Inspection field trio, write up, and review
- Introduction to accident investigation
- Introduction to the OSH Act and 29 CFR 1960
- Introduction to OSHA standards and hazard violation workshop
- Office safety
- Walking and working surfaces
- Means of egress and fire protection
- Personal protective equipment
- Material handling
- Electrical standards
- Introduction to industrial hygiene
*There is a half-day facility tour. Please wear closed toed shoes (steel toes if you have them) and dress comfortably.
Note: This course runs concurrently with the OSHA #511. This course does NOT qualify as the prerequisite for the trainer course.
|Location||Dates||Class Times||Reg. Fee||Early Bird||3+ Early Bird||Early Bird Expires*||Register Online|
Dec. 15-18, 2015
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Nov. 3, 2015
*Early Bird pricing expires at 4:30 p.m. (CST) on date shown.