OSHA #511 - Occupational Safety & Health Standards for General Industry
This course for private sector personnel covers OSHA policies, procedures, and standards, as well as general industry safety and health principles.
Topics include scope and application of the OSHA general industry standards. Special emphasis is placed on those areas that are the most hazardous, using OSHA standards as a guide.
This course is the prerequisite for OSHA #501. If you are interested in taking OSHA #501 and would like more information on additional course prerequisites or to see if you may be eligible, contact Nancy Grych at (815) 753-6902.
- Locate and apply OSHA Safety and Health standards, policies and procedures
- Utilize OSHA standards and regulations to supplement an on-going safety and health program
- Identify common violations of OSHA standards and propose abatement actions
- Describe appropriate abatement procedures for selected safety and health hazards
- Earn 2.6 CEU or 4.34 CM
- Hazard violation safety workshop
- Means of egress and fire protection
- Personal protective equipment
- Material handling
- Electrical safety standards and work practices
- Hazard communication
- Introduction to industrial hygiene
- Machine guarding
- Walking and working surfaces
- OSHA record keeping
- Register online through the specific course link
- Download a Course Registration Form (if paying with check or purchase order via mail or fax)
- Call (800) 656-5317 to register over the phone
|Location||Dates||Class Times||Course Fee||Early Bird||3+ Early Bird||Early Bird Expires*||Register Online|
|Itasca, IL||May 9-12, 2016||8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.||$800||$775||$750||March 28, 2016||Register Here|
|St. Paul, MN||May 17-20, 2016||8 a.m.-5 p.m.||$800||$775||$750||April 5, 2016||Register Here|
|Decatur, IL||June 6-9, 2016||8 a.m.-5 p.m.||$800||$775||$750||April 25, 2016||Register Here|
|Naperville, IL||Aug. 2-5, 2016||8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.||$800||$775||$750||June 21, 2016||Register Here|
|Green Bay, WI||Sept. 20-23, 2016||8 a.m.-5 p.m.||$800||$775||$750||Aug. 9, 2016||Register Here|
|Itasca, IL||Nov. 7-10, 2016||8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.||$800||$775||$750||Sept. 26, 2016||Register Here|
*Early Bird pricing expires at 4:30 p.m. (CST) on date shown.