OSHA #511 - Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry
This course for private sector personnel covers OSHA policies, procedures, and standards, as well as general industry safety and health principles.
Topics include scope and application of the OSHA general industry standards. Special emphasis is placed on those areas that are the most hazardous, using OSHA standards as a guide.
This course is the prerequisite for OSHA #501. If you are interested in taking OSHA #501, and would like more information on additional course prerequisites, or to see if you may be eligible, contact Nancy Grych at 815-753-6902.
- Locate and apply OSHA Safety and Health standards, policies and procedures
- Utilize OSHA standards and regulations to supplement an on-going safety and health program
- Identify common violations of OSHA standards and propose abatement actions
- Describe appropriate abatement procedures for selected safety and health hazards
- Earn 2.6 CEUs or 4.34 ABIH
- Hazard violation safety workshop
- Means of egress and fire protection
- Personal protective equipment
- Material handling
- Electrical safety standards and work practices
- Hazard communication
- Introduction to industrial hygiene
- Machine guarding
- Walking and working surfaces
- OSHA record keeping
|Location||Dates||Class Times||Reg. Fee||Early Bird||3+ Early Bird||EB Expires*|
|Hoffman Estates, IL||5/12/15 - 5/15/15||8:00 am - 4:30 pm||$800.00||$775.00||$750.00||3/31/15|
|St. Paul, MN||5/19/15 - 5/22/15||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||$800.00||$775.00||$750.00||4/6/15|
|Danville, IL||7/20/15 - 7/23/15||8:30 am - 5:00 pm||$800.00||$775.00||$750.00||6/8/15|
|Decatur, IL||9/8/15 - 9/11/15||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||$800.00||$775.00||$750.00||7/28/15|
*Early Bird pricing expires at 4:30 p.m. (CST) on date shown.