OHSA #501 - Trainer Course in Occupational Safety & Health Standards for General Industry
This course is designed for personnel in the private sector interested in teaching the 10-hour and 30-hour general industry safety and health outreach program to their employees and other interested groups. Special emphasis is placed on those topics that are required in the 10-hour and 30-hour programs as well as on those that are the most hazardous, using OSHA standards as a guide. Course participants are briefed on effective instructional approaches and the effective use of visual aids and handouts. This course allows the student to become a trainer in the Outreach Program and to conduct both a 10-hour and 30-hour general industry safety and health course and to issue cards to participants verifying course completion. A laptop is strongly recommended.
Outreach Trainer Cards: Students in this class must successfully pass both a written and performance evaluation in order to earn their trainer card and the authorization to conduct 10-hour and 30-hour OSHA training. Any student not successfully passing BOTH portions will be issued a letter of attendance but not a card or certificate. Outreach trainers are required to attend OSHA #503 at least once every four years to maintain their trainer status. Need a replacement card?
PREREQUISITES MUST BE VERIFIED IN ORDER TO REGISTER!
Prerequisites for OSHA #501:
- OSHA #511 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry
- Five years of general industry safety experience, or three years of experience and one of the following:
- College degree in Occupational Safety and Health
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Certified Safety & Health Technician (CSHT)
- Certified Safety & Health Manager (CSHM)
Prerequisites must be completed BEFORE registering for OSHA #501. No exceptions. Please complete the Initial Trainer Course Prerequisite Form for verification. Upon verification, a course registration link will be provided.
Please note: Withdrawing from a course due to the participant's failure to meet course prerequisites will result in the participant being assessed a processing fee. Please check the course prerequisites carefully!
• Learn effective instructional approaches and the use of visual aids/handouts
• Locate OSHA safety and health standards, policies and procedures
• Describe the use of OSHA standards and regulations to supplement an ongoing safety and health program
• Earn 2.6 CEUs or 4.34 ABIH
• Introduction to OSHA standards
• OSH Act and 29 CFR 1903
• Citations and proposed penalties
• Training techniques
• Means of egress and fire protection
• Material handling and PPE
• Outreach training program
• Electrical safety standards and work practices
• Hazard communication
• Industrial hygiene
• Machine guarding
• Walking and working surfaces
• OSHA record keeping
• Welding permit-required confined space
3+ Early Bird
Early Bird Expires*
|St. Paul, MN||3/24/15 - 3/27/15||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||$800.00||$775.00||$750.00||2/10/15|
|Itasca, IL||4/13/15 - 4/16/15||8:00 am - 4:30 pm||$800.00||$775.00||$750.00||3/2/15|
|Green Bay, WI||4/20/15 - 4/23/15||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||$800.00||$775.00||$750.00||3/9/15|
|Danville, IL||4/21/15 - 4/24/15||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||$800.00||$775.00||$750.00||3/10/15|
|Decatur, IL||5/5/15 - 5/8/15||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||$800.00||$775.00||$750.00||3/24/15|
|St. Paul, MN||6/15/15/ - 6/18/15||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||$800.00||$775.00||$750.00||5/4/15|
|Itasca, IL||7/13/15 - 7/16/15||8:00 am - 4:30 pm||$800.00||$775.00||$750.00||6/1/15|
|Itasca, IL||9/14/15 - 9/17/15||8:00 am - 4:30 pm||$800.00||$775.00||$750.00||8/3/15|
|Danville, IL||9/29/15 - 10/2/15||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||$800.00||$775.00||$750.00||8/18/15|
|Decatur, IL||11/3/15 - 11/6/15||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||$800.00||$775.00||$750.00||9/22/15|
* Early Bird pricing expires at 4:30 p.m. (CST) on date shown.
In the event a previously authorized trainer wishes to register for a trainer course but the expiration date on the trainer course card is more than ten (10) years old, all OTI Education Centers are required to enforce the current course prerequisites, which includes completing the OSHA #511 course. If the expiration date on the trainer card is less than ten (10) years old, and the participant is able to provide proper documentation, the student may be allowed to register for the trainer course without having to take the prerequisite OSHA #511 course. However, in this instance, the participant must provide documentation to the OTI Education Center in order to confirm the participant previously completed the applicable trainer course, including, at a minimum, the most recent applicable trainer card. If the participant is unable to provide the most recent applicable trainer card, they must be required to take the appropriate prerequisite course.