What all is included in my course registration fee?
Your course registration fee covers the cost of the class, which includes course materials like handouts, books, and USB flash drives (when applicable). In addition, lunch and refreshments are provided on each day for classes that run at least one full day.
What do I do if I need to transfer from one course to another?
Individuals can transfer to another course 21 or more days in advance of the course’s start date without charge. If you must transfer from one class to another 20 days or fewer in advance, there will be a transfer fee (typically 30% of the regular course fee) applied.
What is the cancellation/refund policy?
Cancellations may be subject to a specific cancellation fee based upon the number of days communication is received in advance of the class start date. A list of these fees is below.
- For 21 or more calendar days in advance of start date: Full refund, no fee
- For 15 to 20 days’ notice in advance of start date: Cancellation fee of 30% of regular registration price
- For 8 to 14 days’ notice in advance of start date: Cancellation fee of 40% of regular registration price
- For 7 or less days’ notice prior to start date: Cancellation fee of 50% of regular registration price
- No show, no contact, contact after course begins: No Refund
What if the class I signed up for does not have enough people to run?
We’d like all of our courses to run for the participants involved, but we must make decisions based on finances in order to offer quality instruction, materials, comfortable sites and good food. In addition, our courses need to offer the attendee interaction you expect from a quality provider.
- Our lead time begins three weeks from the start date, at which time we look at enrollment numbers, where people are traveling from, and other variables. If most of the people are local, we might wait another week or even two until a run or no-run decision is made.
- If we notify you or your company representative that the course is cancelled, we will most offer two choices:
- 1.) a transfer to an upcoming course without any penalty fee, or
- 2.) full refund of payment
- Please encourage your colleagues to register early and please give at least two methods for contact on your initial registration form (Phone, e-mail, fax)
- For those planning air travel, call us at any time for enrollment updates and be sure to book a refundable plane ticket.
What accommodations are available near my training site?
A partial list of overnight accommodations for your training site is available at niu.edu/nsec under the ‘Training Locations’ link. We also recommend www.mapquest.com or maps.google.com to help you locate your accommodations and training addresses in relation to the city, airport, and streets in the area. If you are traveling by plane or train, please purchase refundable tickets in case of class cancellation. Please call our office two weeks before your course begins to confirm enrollment and delivery of the course as planned.
What if I want a course offered at my company’s site?
If you have a group of 10 or more employees, you might realize financial savings by having a course delivered on-site through a ‘Contract Course’. Please call us with the details, including your location, needs, number of people, industry type, time of class you want, etc.
What if I still have questions?
If you still have questions, please feel free to contact us at (815) 753-6902 and our friendly staff will be happy to assist you with answering questions.